Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2016

WatchIt

I like the idea of this project. I definitely think there could be a place for something like this in many homes. However, I'm still a little unsure about its integration. Part of me still feels as though kids may be able to figure a way around the locks on their phone to effectively circumvent the app. If they do, then I don't think there is enough on the app in terms of information showing kids why they should exercise to convince them to continue exercising, If they do not figure a way around it, I feel like they would just go to a TV or computer. I know it was mentioned that this could integrate to those platforms, I have yet to see this unified platform in practice. I've seen individual measures that can be taken on each (phone, TV, computer), but never all of them together. This is not to say it's impossible, but I'd want to see more about how you plan to incorporate this.

While this may sound negative, I honestly do like the project. That said, I have questions on the technical application for this project, and would need to see it in practice before I completely buy in.

No comments: