Pages

Friday, December 9, 2016

The Wiretap

On the group presentation “Wiretap”, I thought this was a wonderful idea. What a great way to cater to group of people that is sometimes overlooked. The youth of today are bombarded with social media and other types of social interaction that can cause stress and depression. By creating a device that can offer help and possible encourage youth is a great idea; also to do so in a way that does not cause more social awkwardness is brilliant. It is type of thinking that is going to propel us further as humans, by trying to help those who are overlooked or problems that are sometimes seen as not important is a wonderful way to get involved in society. I think the group did a great job of presenting the facts and answering question. I feel as if it would have been cool if they would have brought in a pair of headphones even if they were not prototypes the visual could have helped in their overall project. But as for the technology itself it was very nicely presented and interesting. They were able to share fact that I had never even thought of, their idea was imaginative and creative, and something that could be used in today’s society. I think in the future finding other devices that work along the same ways would be great also having a way of recording the waves could provide doctors with some good data when it comes to treatments. I felt as if it met all the boxes for a great presentation and is something that thought outside of the box. It was a product that I don’t think is out there or at least it was not something I had ever heard of or seen. That to was interesting in the fact that they brought up that there are similar devices out there but that their design was different and more user friendly. I think they did an awesome job and shared some interesting facts and ideas that I appreciate them for sharing. I would like to wish them luck on Saturday and I hope they are able to convey a clear concise presentation like the one they gave in class and people can walk away a little wiser from listening. In the future I hope that something like this is invented and we can stop losing people to suicide and depression .

No comments: