Pages

Friday, December 9, 2016

Bucca-NEAR-u >< S.A.F.E.






      The main thing that university wants is the safety of their students, and feel welcome to express their feelings to other people regarding what their backgrounds are. It makes the students feel safe and comfortable around other people. Bucca-Near-u is an app that helps students report any crime like sexual misconduct. The S.A.F.E. is a non-profit organization that gives the students to speak-up on no matter what they are feeling. They're both similar base on helping students feel safe on campus. However, they have some differences on how they presented their app or their organization.

      Buccanear you.png




      First, I think Bucca-NEAR-u was the best app in my class. Their presentation was excellent and focuses on the details about the app and the problems that the university campus's are dealing with rape and bullying. They compared Christian Brothers University and other universities that have the highest sexual misconduct, aggravated assault, and robbery like, University of Illinois Chicago. Also, the main that surprised me the most was the app. Not only is an for crime, but it is a working app that you can use today. It only needs a few updates and the app will be good to go. In addition, the GPS locator was brilliant. You can use it when you get lost, especially in your first day of college. I know CBU is a small campus, but I did get lost many times in the first week of classes.  Other than that, the app is easy to navigate, which is perfect for urgent situations.

     
     
 In contrast, the S.A.F.E. members did an excellent job presenting Monday. The doughnuts were tasty, thank you for that. What stood out to me that most on their presentation, was their website. It was well organize, the pictures was related to their title, and the format caught my attention. The picture in the homepage with different races symbolizes diversity. It shows that the S.A.F.E. community targets all races around the world, not just one specific race. On the other hand, the only thing that was a little off to me was the S.A.F.E. Space logo. I think it needs to be a little bigger. Furthermore, the group members need to keep in mind that there are already tons of organization out there that deals with bullying, unity, crime, etc. So, I think that's the only thing that they should've think through before they made that website.


     Consequently, both groups did very well on their presentation and showing what their app and website can do to other people. I honestly did thought that they were going to win in my class. But in the end, I have the feeling that Bucca-NEAR-u will take the win on Saturday. Not only it's about CBU, but it's a working app.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jacob I completely agree I think it was the best in class. The group was able to give a presentation on something that is not only important but also something that could be implemented today.