Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2016

What I Think About: WireTap Headphones


When watching the WireTap Headphones’s presentation, I thought they did a wonderful job displaying the types of issues that occur between the youth and adolescents. Mental illness used to not be classified as significant as physical illness, but now, I believe that the world is starting to bring more awareness to mental illness. This is why I think the WireTap Headphones is beneficial to, not only kids, but anyone who goes through mental illness. I believe that WireTap Headphones will benefit those who suffer through the illness because it will help calm them and have a way to keep to themselves if they are worried to talk to others about their problems. However, one thing I worry for with these headphones is communication. Although the headphones sound like a great product, I feel they may deter and take away from the communications style in our every day life. Not only will it take away from communications styles, but I feel like when going through issues, we might be reluctant to trust or want to confront someone about it. I think if this product were to be designed, communication and interaction, in our every day lives, need to be considered as well.


Furthermore, I liked that they would try and help benefit those who cannot afford the product. For example, they said they would use this as a diagnosis in the health department. I think that is an absolutely wonderful idea! Since the product will cost a high amount to use the materials needed to make it, I think giving this as a diagnosis from a doctor will not only help and advise the patients to use it but to help those who cannot afford it. Additionally, if kids weren’t planning on buying these, I think these headphones would be a great gift for kids and for parents. If given the opportunity, I think you all should include a feature where the parents would be able to track the process of their child. I think this would be beneficial for the child if they do not want to articulate the problems to the parents, but the parents would be able to take on their role as a parent in a technological way. However, I believed this product was executed in a professional manner. I really enjoyed the drawings of the product in the presentation and how the product would work psychologically. You guys did a wonderful job with the website and your PowerPoint looked very clean and professional. I loved the colors on it, good job to you all!



No comments: