Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Education in the US


Let me start by saying, I want to commend this group on their tooters app project. I think the concept and moral problem with academics today is lacking on the importance level and with an app like this, hopefully will spark it up. Also let me add the commercial were genius and very eye catching. The tooter creed is very creative also, and it brings out the detail of the overall goal in their services.  

I love the option that the app gives when you can either get a tutor to come to you or you can meet the tutor. This makes it very convenient for both parties. And really gives no reason on why someone isn’t able to do well with this app. The also involves current programs that I am familiar with like no child left behind. This a great and easy way to enter in the school systems. Then students will definitely feel more comfortable using the app when it used throughout the school system.

I know from my own personal experience in high school that certain teachers or schools rather don’t care about academics at all. I went to a low income predominately black high school. I can remember my tenth grade year for the entire school I did not have an English teacher. She showed up for the first day and never showed up again. What makes it even crazier is that the principle, superintendent, and anyone of some power were aware. But nothing ever change. Simply because we were a school that never met AYP, no one cared. There are children who want to learn are enable because of their surroundings. This doesn’t mean they should be punished for having to go to a certain school. With this app students who want more and expect more, they can get any information they need in order to succeed.

I really don’t see any problems with this app or concept. The main problem to me would be getting to people to believe in your theory and for them to use the app .Also, a potential problem could be the using of the gps meaning one may not like the area that he or she is located and there aren’t available tutors in other areas. Or maybe weaving out tutors who don’t have the knowledge in the area he or she claimed. Other than that I think it is well thought out project.

No comments: