Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Find my place review

The find my place project was my favorite one.  Now, I don't mean to say that they had an amazing presentation, in fact when actually going over their creation the way they did so was average.  What I loved about their project was the invention in itself.  Of all the different projects I felt like that one was the best solution, the one that would affect society the most.  The other projects weren't bad, but some, like the Calnter, I thought wouldn't affect the problem they chose enough, while others, like the Babyl/off, wasn't addressing as big of an issue as homelessness.

The Find my place kiosk offered so much and I couldn't really find near as much about it that you could poke a hole in as the other projects.  This is the one I could most imagine actually becoming a thing.  It just seems like such a genuinely good and effective way to combat homelessness, at least in the US and other first world countries.

If any of the projects really may have beat this one, it was the last one, the CBCG one, because of how effectively they solved their problem as well(though I'll go over theirs in another post).

Whenever a problem with the kiosk was brought up, it was fairly easy to think of a solution to it.  For example, they had to figure out how it would be supplied, either through how the money would be supplied to make it or how the care packages would be supplied to it.  We quickly decided the best way would be through tax money paying for the kiosk itself or churches would fund them, and things like churches that value charity programs could also perhaps keep them supplied especially since there are many around the United States, especially in high population cites where the majority of homeless people can be found.

Not only did each problem with it get solved quickly, but the class was also quick to think of ideas for improving it.  The biggest way I can think of was the idea of making it a place that people could directly donate to so that they could avoid their charity money being spent on the wrong things.  This did bring up the problem of avoiding people breaking into it, however methods to avoid that were brought up as well, such as perhaps repurposing old bank ATM machines.

No comments: