Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2016

SafeSip review

SafeSip is a device designed to detect contaminated water or to see if any alcoholic drink is safe to drink. In the United States today, I do think it is a good idea to have a device that can make sure an alcoholic drink is safe from any date rape drugs. I know that the general rule is to never leave your drink unattended. However, that is not always the case. Sometimes the person may have to go to the restroom or go dancing, and as a result, the person can leave his/her drink unattended. I doubt many people would want to waste a drink or buy a new one. It is basically a waste of money. That is why this is a good solution to this problem. I like how it is very small and can be kept on your keychain; therefore, one can never forget it at home. I also like that it can tell you the drug that it found because if anything were to happen, the person has proof of what drug it was. I just hope that the battery actually lasts for a long time.

As for targeting the contaminated water in poor countries, I do not feel that it is effective. Yes, it would be effective if a person is going camping or hiking. However, like Dr. J and the video itself stated, it is not a matter of knowing that it is contaminated or not; it is a matter of getting clean water for them. I do like that you guys tried to help the poor out too, in regards of buying one and giving one for free to a person in need. Is it doable though? After all, this will be a business and without profits, a business will not prosper.


In the end, I do think this is a good device for people that actually need to make sure that their drink is safe. This device is pretty much for recreational purposes. I say this because, drinking, hiking, or camping are all recreational activities. This does not make the device any less important, but it does mean that the demand for this is not a necessary thing like education, rather a precautious measure.

No comments: