Pages

Monday, December 12, 2016

Audite

The Audite earpiece product,  I believe, is such a great invention.


I believed this product was amazing for so many reasons. For one, I would love to travel when I'm older. I would love to visit so many countries overseas, especially in Europe, including Germany, Greece, Italy, Portugal and France. I have been taking French for years, and am currently in the second level French offered here at Christian Brothers, but there is still some things that I don't understand, especially when they are speaking at their normal pace. I believe this product would be very beneficial in understanding what people are saying in other languages. It works both ways because I know, that if I need help in another country, and I ask for it, and the person does not speak English, I would still be able to communicate with them, and they wouldn't have to learn English just to talk to me. They could just speak their native language. 

It not only picks up the conversation but it translates it in real time. It also allows your message that you would like to be translated to be done so through a speaker. This allows for conversation to occur, even with the language barriers.


 Another reason why I feel this tool would be beneficial is because my native language is Spanish. That was what I first learned and when I came into the United States it was having to not necessarily forget what I had learn but start all over again. Sure, I knew the basics such as pen= boligrafo, or pencil= lapiz, but I did not know anything else. I remember the humiliation I felt when I had to tell my teacher that I needed to go get some water because I had "hipo" or the hiccups in spanish. "You have a hippo?" & the entire class erupted in laughter. This would prevent situations like these, and help people. 

I really hate the fact that some people bash on my parents for living in the country for so long but not really grasping the language very well. "You live in America, learn English or get out." It's not as simple as it was for me to learn English because our brains don't allow it after a certain age, so as many children can pick up so many languages and become multilingual, it becomes harder the older you are. This product would definitely help my parents.


I don't believe this product would hinder people from learning a foreign language, because if you really want to learn it and grasp it you would do so. You can rely on a machine, but only to a certain point.


I do believe that further additions such as the picture translator would definitely improve this product. Overall, loved your work.

No comments: