Pages

Monday, December 5, 2016

Finding my place" group project´s thoughts

          "Finding my place" is one of those ideas that I do personally consider as truly worthy investing on. Homeless people are a part of society that might probably be seen through all those bunch of stereotypes such as: all lazy people, junkies, redundant to work or to leave the streets, etc. However I reckon that we should try to go a step further from that barrier. Many people, unfortunately, are found in that situation due to the reverses of life and this initiative is totally accurate as it lets them to have a second chance on life in order to leave the dark hole. 

          Hadn´t it never happened you, that you are walking around the city and you see homeless people sleeping on the cold streets, wandering or begging for few bucks for something warm to eat or drink? Sadly, that is something that has become very common to be seen and it breaks my heart. If I could I would give them as much as I could, however through years I´ve also learnt that a single person cannot save the whole world. Sometimes they just cheat you. In some cases there are mafias behind these wretched people that use them just to take profit from them. Therefore that´s why I do believe that the idea of "Finding my place" it ´s been tremendously well thought as it allows us to have a direct channel with the most needed and have the self-assurance that our money it´s been well distributed and on good hands. 

        I have no doubt that the idea of establishing kiosks on the streets to let homeless people have few meals a day and everything that covers their bare necessities is something that I would blindly buy. Investing on this is something much more profitable than giving them a few bucks just to salve our conscience. If we do it so we will actually never know whether if our money it´s been misused or not. You might probably feel better for your donation but who knows if it´s been indeed useful. Who knows if that money has actually helped that toothless elder woman we saw walking around the city or if it´s been taken by a third person as a part of its business. It is a query I usually wonder and which I would prefer not to do. 

         In a nutshell I would like to ratify my point that "Finding a place" idea will certainly give homeless people a second chance. As through this tool they are given the chance to get enough stock to subsist, as well as feasibilities to create their own curriculum vitae and to apply for a new job, we might have probably found the instrument we´ve been looking for in order to eradicate one of the biggest struggles´ of 1st world society. Hope we did.


No comments: