Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Finding My Place

I would like to start out saying I am very shocked this group did not make it to the final round and I wish I could have seen you all reach this goal!


The Finding My Place idea was created to help out homeless in metro areas with resources like finding a shelter, receiving a care package, earning vouchers to stay at shelters, and more.


Putting the idea on a Kiosk, I think that is how it is spelled, what a great idea as well.  I have seen interactive ones before in huge malls and they really grab people's attention.  The dimensions of the kiosk would have to be a little bigger I believe if you are talking about keeping a care package dispenser in there along with other things, but other than that the design was awesome and looked modern.


The suggestions that came up in class really added excitement to this problem because so many students were loving the idea and ready to help with improvements. which also speaks good for your presentation.  You kept the class engaged the whole time and kept me wondering what you all had come up with until finally revealing it! Kudos for being the first group as well!


I liked the idea of these kiosk being supported by not only the city but just donated money in general.  This let's citizens of whatever city you are in feel like they are a big part of trying to help a cause, just be sure you have some good security to keep their money in a safe place!


This idea could really take off and spread to be even more beneficial than it already is.  The suggestion about a place of reference guiding people to offices and ways they can get help was a great aspect as well.  I never thought of how hard it would be for a homeless person to get a job just because they have no home address which I think is heartbreaking. 


The hard part about a kiosk would be keeping it filled up which is I guess where local donors come in to save the day.  Once word gets out about a free, and really good resource that gives people who have nothing a start, I think you will be going through supplies like crazy.


Once again, I really liked your groups work and was rooting for all of you to be able to present this project in front of everyone, I think you all had a good chance at winning! Congratulations on a successful idea and good job again just on your overall presentation.

No comments: