Pages

Friday, December 2, 2016

Giving not Taking- FMP

The group that presented on homeless people really caught my eye. Find My Place is such an amazing and productive idea I wish that I had come with it on my own and presented it. I love how it is open to all people who need all the help that they can get and allows them to find places for them to go to for that help. I believe that homelessness is one of the worst social problems in the world and I always love talking to homeless people because they are always so kind. So many more jobs will be created and it will decrease the amount of unemployment.
I was thinking about ways that this object could be improved and I thought that maybe after it expands to much larger amounts, it could become more of a store than just a kiosk. It will allow the monitoring to be more secured and will give more people jobs. But I do like the idea of having people restock the kiosk for money however there is no telling who will steal the supplies and/or how we could monitor people taking when they don't really need. Sure if people go into the store, they can fake being homeless if they want supplies but not many people will go out of their way if they have the money they need for those types of materials.
It is a very thought through and put together in almost every way possible and I think that it could make hundreds of people lives better and hopefully even thousands. It is giving homeless people the chance to start over and make their lives more prosperous than before. I love the idea of the bags with materials but I would recommend not putting so many materials on the inside such as the blanket especially since they would get one every week. You don't want to spend all that money on blankets and have them end up with 20 blankets. I also think that it would make sense to limit the amount of bags you receive per week or per month.
I think that this idea is so amazing and productive and will make so many lives better, but I think that a couple things could be changed to make it even greater, It gives homeless people a chance to get out and make money and could flip their lives around one hundred percent.

No comments: