Pages

Friday, December 2, 2016

Thoughts on Calnter

Throughout the past week and a half we have had some really good ideas. I would have to say every idea has been pretty solid.

This is an excellent idea, I just don't think it was one hundred percent thought out. I know we talked about in class how no businesses would go for this idea unless they were forced. If they could be forced, then thats awesome but it would have to be every single fast food restaurant because people would avoid the particular restaurants with the device. I am not saying everyone, but most people.

Also, this device is embarrassing. I completely understand raising awareness and you all are trying to keep it in peoples mind but I feel like the people who eat fast food once, twice, three times a day do not need a reminder how much they are putting in their body. Every time they look in a mirror I am sure it is in their mind. That sounds harsh and it is. But if that is what they want to eat and they see what it is doing to them, then they should have that freedom. That brings us back to people avoiding the restaurants with these devices and these restaurants either getting rid of the device or going out of business.

My own personal example, I would never use this and I rarely eat fast food. As a college athlete I cannot stomach it often before a practice, workout, or game. Except the day before an off day, my whole team including myself probably eat 10,000 calories alone on fast/junk food. Lol. When I decide to go to McDonalds or Taco Bell, I know what I am putting in my body. Maybe adding the sodium, carbs, protein intake would be better than just calories. That might be something I am interested in.

I think possibly, just a suggestion, you all are targeting the wrong crowd. I think this device would work much better at a gym, maybe at the smoothie bar or protein shake stand. Athletes, body builders, and people watching their weight would really be into this device. They need a device like this.

I am sorry if everything I have said sounds so negative because I do not mean for it to be. I really can see this product working and where ya'lls mindset is coming from. This is a huge problem that really does need to be solved. Powerpoint looked awesome and it really is a good thought!

No comments: