Pages

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Dream Catcher and SOS

Seeing all the presentations that my peers came up with was very impressive. I did not know how creative everyone was before these presentations. I will be reviewing the Dream Catcher presentation and the SOS presentation. The Dream Catcher presentation was about a bracelet that would measure your heart rate in order to wake you up if you have a nightmare because of PTSD. Although it was a great idea, I personally do not think a shaking bracelet would wake me up personally because my sleep is extremely heavy. I have slept through storms and loud music and even if someone moves me I still sleep. Any sound or feeling I get while sleeping actually becomes part of my dreams. I wonder if maybe, for other people with such a heavy sleep like me who actually have PTSD, this might add to the dreams intensity making it more frightening or real. Nonetheless, that does not mean it might not be helpful for those people who do have a light sleep. I bet anyone, not just people with PTSD, might appreciate being woken up by a nightmare. I think this bracelet can be used for many more purposes than just PTSD, maybe even just for exercise or any heart-related issues. It is an invention with a lot of potential. This group seemed to work well together. I think they supported their reasons for making this bracelet very well. I learned a lot about PTSD. I also learned a lot about sleep apnea even though it was not intended to be part of the project. That was a great bonus. One of my favorite presentations so far has been the SOS app. I love the intention behind it. I think the entire planet benefits from this app because it helps everyone literally stay alive longer. I wish this app actually existed so that I could participate. It was motivating and very informative. I thought it was brilliant to track how much energy is wasted. It will bring more conscience to everyone. It also motivates people to go green because of the prizes. The Uber idea was also clever. This project was very well thought out. I also thought the way everyone presented and participated was very professional. The way questions were answered was very confident which made the project that more believable. I would not be surprised if this project was the winner. I am excited to see what everyone else came up with after seeing all the effort put into all the projects.

No comments: