Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Review for Save A Kid

Out of all the projects presented in the 10am section I think these ladies did a project that had actual gadgets other than just a website or an app which they also had. When they first began to present I had no idea where they were going but after watching that sad video of the child being left in the car I kind of began to imagine that they would make a gadget to fix that problem. I also hear of one or two stories a summer of a baby dying from being left in a car during the extremely hot summer days. Although their statistics only showed there to be 37 infant death a year from being left in a trapped car and that number might not seem like much I still think it’s a lot of children. The gadget/ device that they created to but on the car seat was very ingenious I do not think I could have ever come up with something so creative. I like that it detected body heat, but also if it was already really hot in the car how would they get it from ringing on the mom’s/dad’s if there was no child in the car seat but it was hot so the device detected heat and sounded off the alarm?

“90% of families are affected by a child wandering off” this is a HUGE number!! I personally work with children almost everyday as a babysitter and I can agree with this statement from year of babysitting the kids I have babysat have at one point or another wandered off and not because I did something wrong, but simply because kids are quick and small and can sometimes be unnoticed. I myself wandered off from my mom when I was a toddler and of course she almost had a heart attack when she couldn’t find me. I think that id she would have had one of these bracelets on me as a kid then she would have been a little more at peace if I had wandered off. I know for sure that as a babysitter having a gadget like this would change everything and it would allow me to have a piece of mind.

Overall I saw little to noting wrong with their invention. I thought it was not only creative, but also that it helps to combat and fix a huge issue of children being forgotten inside car and also for wandering children. I think they did a great job not only with their idea, but also with their presentation.

No comments: