Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Politigo

 This group presented a very helpful and useful app on Friday. The name of the app was Politico. This app would help the common person in giving unbiased information on different politicians. In today's society, there is tons of misleading information on politics. Social media plays a huge role on the way the world sees our politics as well. I have even read many articles that had forms of "alternative facts" speaking about the soon to be leaders. I really liked this app. During our most recent election, I had trouble finding post or article that were actually true statements. It made the whole voting process difficult and hard to pick a candidate. This app would give you information of specific candidates and different types of issues they believe in. An example of this is when the app featured each politic view point on gun rights, death penalty, marijuana, abortion, and etc. Also, it shares information about third parties that people don't really know about. Another feature I liked a lot is the scanning of bias articles. There is a lot of news broadcasting stations where they are either leaning to one side or the other. In todays world its hard to get the truth about the candidates. This app will allow the public to see the real truth about their politicians. The app will make it much easier when the public goes out in vote to limit their options. I would with out a doubt use this app. When it came time to vote this year, I was confused on where the politicians stood. I really couldn't tell if information about each one was true or not. I decided that I wasn't knowledgeable them, so I decided not to vote. If I would have had this app, I could of made a decision on reliable facts. This app works well with everyone, but I think it looks more at young people. Young adults are always on their cellphones and using applications. The majority usually do not keep up with all the news and posts. An application on your phone works perfectly for these young adults.

No comments: