Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Review: Help Memphis

During our classes final projects, we were introduced to an app called Help Memphis. The app essentially was a reference to everything people who are less fortunate needs. It featured homeless shelters, soup kitchens, and I believe it even had a feature that showed various health clinic around town. The purpose of this app was to get the less fortunate the resources they will and would need to possibly get out of the slumps. If I can remember correctly, I also believe that the app featured various mentoring groups as well. The app seemed pretty useful, however I felt that the type of users would be pretty limited. The app had a lot of useful adult facilities, however they didnt have anything for teens or adolescents who were going through tough times. There are a lot of teens who seek help with abusive parents and unstable living situations, but feel that they dont know where to turn. I feel that the app should have accommodations for those type of users. Also, a fellow classmate mentioned how the app didn't have a feature for women who might be in domestic relationships. I feel that this would be helpful to. I dont think that the app or group mentioned the support for the LGBT community as well. This is extremely important with the growing number of supporters. This app was interesting, but I didn't personally peak my interest. However, the presentation itself was very informational.

No comments: