Pages

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

ADAPT Response

First of all I am extremely impressed and appreciative of how you addressed this issue with great respect. My brother suffers from severe anxiety and depression so I know how serious it can be. I only have two issues with this project: two wrongs do not make a right and many depressed kids do not want help at times. If an extremely depressed teenager gets on ADAPT and connects with another extremely depressed teenager you might have cases where they convince each other to harm themselves together. It is harsh to think of but these are precautions ADAPT must face. Also, from personal experience my brother has not always wanted help and seeking other depressed kids on a chat-based website would be the last thing he wanted. Other than those two critiques I liked your presentation and how respectful you were of the disorders.

No comments: