Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Sustain Our Society Project Evaluation


I am reviewing the Sustain Our Society project. I feel that this group was very professional in their idea and the way the presented it. They made evident the many ways we could help improve our society and sustain it for many decades down the road. They talked about which light bulbs should be used because the CFL bulbs are designed more efficiently to eliminate the waste of bulbs that emit heat. Bulbs that emit heat are doing beyond what they are needed to do, and is in turn wasteful and hurtful to our Earth. We buy bulbs for them to give us light in most cases, not to give off heat. They also made apparent to me how, as this population is increasing so rapidly, supply of resources are going to tank. Their app had the capability to set up a system revolving around your “going green” ideas. One example they explained is a notification system that could alert you when your food might be getting close to expiring so you could make arrangements to eat it before it goes bad. this would lower the amount of waste you add. Another capability their app had was alerting you to your garden. Once you get this app you could connect it to your whole house and manage your lighting system by turning on or off lights with it to reserve energy. If you truly commit to this app, they explained how you could be in for rewards as well. Once this app became available to the public they planned to link with other helpful companies such as Uber to push you to keep helping through a rewards system. They would set a certain amount of time, and once you reach this you could be given things such as a free Uber ride or even an installation of their system into your home in a more serious case. I myself, don’t make it a point to do every little thing I can to help our environment and I believe if I was to invest myself in this app it could help myself be more aware of what I can do and push me to do so. Lastly, I liked how precise and professional this group did their presentation. They were thorough in explaining what all they had in mind for this process and were confident that this could make a serious impact.

No comments: