Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Review For Deviants R Us

Deviants R Us was definitely in my own and personal opinion the absolute most creative presentation. I would have never thought about creating a website and app where people who are seen as “weird” and might even feel singled out could all get together and share common interests. While no one might understand them they will find comfort in the people who love what they love. Also from watching the videos it was very obvious that these subculture groups are being ridiculed for having an interest and liking for something in particular. They aren’t only being made fun of by the press but they are being violently and physically attacked as well.
I am not going to lie it was sad for me to see the news reporters laughing at the presented subcultures. Firstly because I had friends in high school who were Bronies and they were some of the nicest down to earth people I ever knew and I would be infuriated if someone made fun of them in my presence just for liking the show My Little Pony. When someone makes fun of anyone for something they like or are interested in it break my heart because they are just like everyone and anyone else jus that they are interested in something that is less common. I think that their choice of subcultures to present was nice because they choose some that might have been common and some that I had never heard of like Furry fandom.

I thought it was good for them to have very detail explanation as to how they would keep their website interactions secure. I also like how easy it would be to work the app and even how these people can meet up in a very secure and safe way. With the whole meeting up with people and chatting some good and serious questions were raised after the presentation.

Someone is class asked would they include Skinheads on the website and app so that they can interact and socialize. This brought up another good question, would they allow violent or law breaking subcultures for example graffiti artist to partake in their website and app. The group had a hard time responding to this question, but eventually they agreed that they would not put any subculture that would harm them selves, others, or break laws.

I thought about some other subcultures they could add to their website and app they are as followed: Bikers, Drag Queens, Bohemianism, and Hippies. Over all this was a very creative project that was well developed and presented.



No comments: