Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2017

PAWtential Match Project Evaluation


I am posting about the PAWtential match presentation. I thought this was a pretty creative concept and for a very worthy cause. I personally connected with this project because I know what it is like to be in company of a dog. The bond between a dog and yourself can be very helpful in many ways. Like they say, “Man’s Best Friend.” I liked how they were able to come up with this theory and back it up with the facts, showing us how these animals could be such a help to people with disabilities, people with issues mentally or emotionally, or even the everyday person who just wants to play with a dog. I felt that their design was presented well. If this was able to go to the next level, I think they would need to make a few adjustments just as any of our projects probably would. Mainly in the idea of adding a background check for those with the volunteer dogs and one should be completed by those who wish to get a dog. I believe this is the major addition needed to take this to a professional level and be reliable. Also, before allowing people to see these dogs, it would be critical to have proof that these dogs are all up to date on their shots to ensure health. Some ideas to think about adding in my opinion would include maybe a blog section to add information about previous visits and activity that took place. This could give people a better understanding about what all they can and can’t do. This would also give them ideas of how they can lighten up their day. In turn, this would help them get the word out about their company through the connect of people throughout their community.

Other than those minor adjustments I believe this is a great idea especially in the way of helping those with disabilities and issues such as PTSD. As a dog lover myself, I was very intrigued throughout this presentation and I think many other people would be as well. Also, the facts behind what these dogs have the power of doing would separate this from just a fun meaningless idea to something that could be a serious help to some people’s loved ones and lives. At first, I was a little skeptical about this concept and didn’t think it would make it in our society. After seeing the facts, I believe this could definitely be of use.  

No comments: