Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Help Memphis App Review

It is still surprising that an app like ‘Help Memphis’ has not yet been developed. The app focuses on many issues that our city faces. I believe the idea behind ‘Help Memphis’ has potential to become a resourceful app for all Memphians. I believe this app can help expose many of its users to the different resources available, which they may not be aware of. Although these resources can be searched and found, the app attempts to minimize the resources into one app.
            An important issue that affects the city of Memphis, homelessness. Memphis is Tennessee’s biggest city and second largest metropolitan area, with a population of 655,155 people in 2012. It is estimated, at 31.7 percent, the 2012 rate of homelessness per 10,000 people in Memphis-Shelby County. This app offers many resources for many homeless people living in the Memphis area, for example, shelter resources. One of the questions which arise about this app is, “How will homeless people be informed about these resources and services?” Although not all homeless people have smartphones, some homeless people do. I think the app could also benefit those who do not have a smartphone. I believe it is very likely that those who do have a smart phone will inform other homeless people like them about the services available for homeless people. I also believe the app can educate and inform users who want to aid homeless people about resources that homeless people can receive. Thus, directing them to receive help.
The app also focuses on providing multiple hotlines for assaults, and suicide. I believe this app can be an efficient alternative to simply just searching these hotlines, especially in some crucial time-restricted situations. The simplicity of having these resources at our fingertips makes receiving help more efficient and convenient.
I believe a useful addition to this app would be adding a section for a calendar. I believe the app could also inform users about health fairs or free health services.

Overall, I think the app has great potential and I would defiantly download this app because it is packed with helpful information and it is very convenient. As stated before, I believe this app can help expose many of its users to the different resources available, which they may not be aware of. Even I was not aware of many of the resources which were presented by the group. In the future I hope this app gets developed.

No comments: