Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Review on Politigo

       Even though the thought of politics bores me, I was actually intrigued by the last group's presentation app called Politigo. It is an app created for Americans to stay in touch with our political system and give us unbiased news. This app was designed to provide accurate data on politicians so that us Americans can see who we have similar views with. It provides information on current candidates and where their views on current issues our country is more worried about like abortion and the death penalty. They also include what is called a Politigo quiz. This allows us to take a quiz that shows us what candidates have similar views as us and also which party we migrate more to.

      This app is really beneficial for us young voters, especially college students, who may not have the time to focus on our political system like they would like to. I like this app because I think it can really provide better facts for us young voters. A lot of us, like myself, are misinformed or do not really know what is going on in our political system. We vote for reasons that may not be fit for our country without actually realizing what our politicians goals really are. I believe this app would have been really great for our recent election since it showed many people not voting, I think a lot of people, including myself, did not vote because we did not understand what was really going on in our political system truly. We got a lot of our information from social media which was not enough to go on for most people. This app would be beneficial in providing unbiased news to help us voters really figure out who to vote for.

       I would personally use this app to get more into politics since it does benefit my life and my country. I also think a lot people would use this app to their own benefit also. I really liked how this app provided us information on where candidates stood on different issues and the quiz you could take to see whom you were more similar to. I especially like the quiz because unlike other quizzes you can take online to find the same information this app actually tells you exactly how you are more like a certain party and etc. As discussed in class, one thing they could improve on is making the app more local as in having candidates who are running for mayor or governor. It was also questionable how the would be able to have unbiased news because that seemed sort of impossible. All in all I thought this was a really good concept and something that could actually work as a good app that would provide a lot of information for electorates.




No comments: