Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Subcultures

Before this presentation, I had heard of what subcultures were but I honestly had no desire to find out what they really were. The presentation brought awareness to something I did not even think was a problem and had no idea it existed. The group played a video and while watching I couldn't help but laugh because it was not my norm. It was funny to me and at that moment they told the whole class we were part of the problem. Now I got offended but only because they were true. The people who participate in these subcultures are still human and who are we to judge.

Now at first I was a little confused on was the project for awareness or was it to give these subcultures a "safe place." Now we all deserve a safe place to be ourselves and to be surrounded around people who respect us. Deviants R Us gives subcultures that opportunity. But my thought is how is this different from something that may already be out there. Because if there are conferences and what not, there has to be a way of communication for everyone to speak to each other. I've never seen any advertising for in conventions. So, how are the members knowing? My guess is that they have a chat room, or social media where everyone sees and speaks with one another. So if they already have a way of communication. What does this project bring that is original.

It brings a safety feature to know a known location, but so does any phone. As long as the location is on last locations are known. And like they say "watch what you post of the internet because nothing is ever really deleted. So if you were to talk to someone online the conversation would be there as well as the persons profile. So all the information needed is found if something were to happen. Now I understand that there are people that don't agree with how the subcultures identify themselves and there are bullies because of this. But how do you keep the bullies from invading the app as well. All they have to do is sign up and there in just as easy as anything else. At first, I was confused about this idea. Then I was impressed but once I sat down and thought about it, I see a since of originality in the project when it comes to the class perspective not overall how does it beat the competition that is already out there?

No comments: