Pages

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Save-A-Kid final group evaluation

Being the first group to present an extensively time-consuming, final project takes a lot of nerve. So to begin, I have a lot of respect for this group and their presentation. I also would like to comment that this group of girls all looked professional and nice which added a nice touch to their presentation.

When they began their presentation I was unsure of what they were trying to do. After watching the sense-evoking you-tube video, I quickly became aware of the situation they were trying to address. At first I thought, there can't be that many people that actually forget their kids in the car and their cars really do not get that hot that quickly. But, after several slides on their power point, I soon came in to knowledge that the statistics were a lot greater than I had once thought. I was shocked by the video, also, to see that a mom could just completely forget that her baby was in the car.

Referring back to their presentation though, I enjoyed it very much. I loved their gadgets that they had created, especially the button that went on the car seat. I thought the idea to prevent this terrible event from happening was completely addressed through their presentation. I liked the wrist band, watch gadget; however, I do not like the idea of the baby wearing it. I do not think it would be as effective as they are making it out to be. But, the button on the car seat with the sensor was a great idea.

Learning about this terrible thing that happens occasionally around the United States is very unfortunate and I found it unique that they addressed it in this type of way. Both their power point presentation and their app and website were very good and thought out. I think it is a very important topic that not many people talk about maybe because they do not think about it or because it is not a HUGE emphasized issue.

Learning about this issue and asking them questions after their presentation helped me to realize that a main issue we struggle with in facing this issue is the prevention aspect of it. In order to keep these kids from going through those tragic, hot, car experiences, we must inform and teach parents or guardians the danger of what could possibly happen.

1 comment:

Jack Goodwin said...

Although I was not present for this presentation I found this post very informative. I also give this group huge props for going first on such a difficult and extensive project.