Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Politigo Review

The app Politigo caught my attention with its name. In Spanish, "contigo" means with you; I thought Politigo was very creative and catchy. I liked how its features were made for common people instead of appealing to just certain groups. It would certainly benefit all those members of our society who are both uninformed and disconnected about presidential candidates. Personally, I would have downloaded for this past election because I was never up to speed with it. Politics is not my area of interest, so to have this app readily available for me to discover each campaign would have been a life saver. Last semester during election time, I hated not knowing what was going on and hearing everyone talk about a topic that I was unfamiliar with made me lost. It is very important that everyone understands who it is that they are voting for and what attributes apply to each. I thought that their choice of infographics makes the information easier to understand and the general public can certainly understand. 
I was a bit confused about how the information for each candidate was composited in their dot system, but the topics they chose of taxes, guns, and abortion were certainly major areas of interest for the public. I would also suggest adding immigration into one of the areas because it was one of the major topics in this election. 
If this were a working app I would definitely suggest it to family and friends who were planning on voting. It would guarantee reliable information with their unbiased generator that uses information from various parties. Who wouldn't want political information that is completely objective and to the point?
This app would open up new possibilities by impacting society's misinformed voters. Also, within the app, user can be trust that the positions are not funded by campaign affiliated donors. Politigo could possibly change the way people view elections as either resulting in a democrat or republican president. Perhaps, in the future third parties can be given a better chance at winning with the appropriate recognition through the app. Who is to say that a new rising party can't be a better choice than our traditional choices. Change can be positive, especially in today's day where everything has become corrupted or flawed over the years. I can imagine this app providing the next election with new opportunity and giving the spotlight to those parties that truly deserve it.

No comments: