Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2017

It's a shame this is not very likely to happen.

I really liked the issue the group chose to confront and resolve. Having unclean water is a serious problem because water is one of the things we as humans need to survive. The information was in a nice way and there was little confusion. The thing for me is that it seems like it would be very hard to solve; especially on a large scale they were trying to solve it on. It probably would not be the first time someone has tried something like this, and from what I can tell, most solutions don't exactly have a visible influence. There is a lot that must be considered if one were to go through with this idea: funding, sponsoring, technology, transportation, costs for production, and many other factors I have not considered. It's going to take a lot more than heavy sponsoring to get this idea going (not saying that it was what the group was thinking, but just putting it out there). In addition, getting off the ground is one thing, but maintaining the momentum is another thing which just goes back to my previous statement. The ideas is possible without a doubt, but I just can't bring myself to believe that it is truly realistic considering the state the world is in now. If this idea was on a smaller scale (I'm not sure how much "smaller" is) than, the idea would definitely stand a much better chance at succeeding. However, the idea becomes very fragile when it is applied large-scale in a way that one small mishap could potentially cripple the solution (most likely malfunctioning technology).
All in all, I like the issue they used, and I am really hopeful for it to happen one day. At the same time lot people need clean water, and there certainly is not enough to go around. Is this idea impossible? Of course not. Is realistic? Not really Is it likely? Unfortunately not very likely. If this were to happen, it's going to take everything we have.

No comments: