Pages

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Keeping CBU together, with Cohesion CBU

The idea of a CBU exclusive form of social media is a wonderful application of modern technology and the college experience. I believe this application (and C-board too!) to be wonderful for both incoming freshman and existing students at CBU. The application could be used with various departments and offices on the CBU campus. Mainly, I believe academic services could use this service and application in endless way to help get freshman involved and keep existing students energized and involved.
 I personally think I would have a rather "love-hate" relationship with this app. In coming to college and not taking part of Greek life, my ways of expanding my social circle became harder and harder. But also because I am a loud extroverted person, that didn't stop me. But I most definitely see the need for an application like this on a campus like CBU. We pride the fact we are a small campus but, besides word of mouth, millions of paper flyers, and hundreds of unopened student emails, it is very hard to know of all the things going on at CBU.
The addition of the C-board is probably my favorite point of the presentation. With CBU's own new addition of the Rosa Deal building, the rest of our campus really needs to steps up to par. Even as a high school senior touring and visiting campus, if was incredibly frustrating trying to navigate CBU. The outdated maps made trying to understand campus a headache, but also made the face of our campus look pretty shabby. The updating of one of the most fundamentals thing about CBU, like knowing where you are and where to go, could made a huge difference on the atmosphere of CBU.

1 comment:

Jp Villa said...

Honestly I do not see how an app like this would greatly help the issues you discuss. As it has happened with student emails, I believe people would just ignore it, with a small group finding continuous use for it. Per the C-Boards, I do not see any use for them, campus maps are not placed in important places, and all information in them is already available through already present mediums.