Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Project Reviews

   In our class, we listened to five presentations by different groups. The purpose was to provide a solution for a social, political, or moral problem. Each group had their own unique idea of what to do in order to solve these types of problems. The two presentations that stood out to me are SOS (Sustain Our Society) and Politigo.
   First, I think that SOS is a great way to encourage people to go green. Although this something that we have been hearing our whole lives, no one really took the initiative to tell us what we can do and why it;s important. I believe that this group did more than what any teacher and expert has ever done in any of my years of school.  I liked how they gave their audience actual statistics and gave information on terms that I know I wasn't educated on. I liked how even though the group gave a little lecture on the environment, I wasn't bored. I was actually quite intrigued. The only part I really could not grasp is the rewards part. I could not understand that concept for the life of me. This is very amusing to me. All in all, this project deserves the number one spot.
   Next, we come to Politigo. I think that this app is perfect for people who want to understand politics better. The way the media puts out the news and the candidates' opinions makes the whole experience very confusing. When it's time to vote, most people are confused and don't really take the time to care about who they're voting for. I like how this app puts everything in simple terms for people to understand. I think that this presentation was very well thought out. My favorite thing about this app is the quiz that matches you with not only the political party, but the candidate as well. I've always been confused about where I would actually. fit. I would definitely use this app, especially if it can used for local elections, too.
   To conclude, these two projects are the most well-planned and eye catching. They both do an amazing job of informing the audience and simplifying the issue they're trying to solve. SOS actually made want to care about my environment more and help others to understand why it's important. Also, Politigo made me want to pay more attention to politics and actually care about who runs our country. Summing up, this was a great listening experience and I hope I can apply this new information to my daily life.

No comments: