Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Improving Our City


              Restating what Dr.J said, “I can’t believe this app does not already exist.” The idea was well thought of and it hit the topic for our presentations right on the target. The issue that was presented is so big and it’s a shame that so little is done. Sadly, many of the issues the App addresses are faced by minorities and maybe that is why they have so little help. People need access to all the programs that are offered; some of which many do not know of. Lack of information only makes things worse and for those who do not face these issues they are ignorant to these facts. Contrary to what some like to believe, ignorance is NOT bliss, especially if there is people out there that need help. Personally, half of the information that was presented I did not know about. It was surprising to see how high up Tennessee was in the “Suicide Rates” chart and yet we do not hear about it. I thought it was a good idea how all the hotlines were compiled into one section for easy access. Having the non-emergency number to the MPD was a good idea as well. Personally, I did not know that number even though I’ve lived in Memphis for the past 16 years. Overall, the concept was great and I could see myself using this app for myself or someone else.

No comments: